Irregular Word Fluency, Line it Up
|Activity Type: Build Fluency|
|Activity Form: Standard|
|Group Size: Whole Class|
|Length: 3 minutes|
|Materials: Irregular word cards, index cards|
|Goal: Given a spoken irregular word, the student can say its sound with automaticity (“irregword” -> "irregword")|
|Items: All irregular words learned so far.|
 What to do
- It is best to play this game right before lining up at the door to go somewhere.
- Before introducing the game, create a list of irregular words using the Irregular word cards. Copy each word onto an index card, and pass out one index card to each student.
- Okay, it is time to line up for lunch. Please get in line when I call you. Today, we are going to do things a little differently. I am not going to call you by your name. Instead, I am going to call you by the word I just gave you. Listen carefully and pay attention!
- Call out each word on the list. Collect the words from the students as they come to line and check to make sure they are correct.
- Observe students. For students who struggle, give them help and make a note in an Activity Log.
 Related activities
- Introduce Multiple Irregular Words
- Introduce an Irregular Word
- Irregular Word Fluency
- Irregular Word Fluency, Around the World
- Irregular Word Fluency, Bam!
- Irregular Word Fluency, Bingo
- Reintroduce Multiple Irregular Words
- Reintroduce an Irregular Word
- All Irregular Words Activities