|Activity Type: Introduce|
|Activity Form: Standard|
|Grade: K, 1|
|Group Size: Small Group, Whole Class|
|Length: 10 minutes|
|Materials: Full size letter cards|
|Goal: Given a printed letter combination, the student can say its sound.|
|Items: Letters a,/a/,/ay/,/ai/,s,/s/,/sh/|
 What to do
- Write the letters Sh on the board;make them at least foot tall.Alternatively use a letter card large enough to see.
- Some letters stick together, so they make one sound even though they are two letters. Here are two letters that stick together. The sound for these letters is /shh/. When you say /sh/, its like you're telling someone to be quiet because the baby is asleep:/shh/. What is the sound?
- Look for students who are not saying the sound. Ask them: What's the sound? Look for students who are making the wrong sound and model the sound for them until they have have it right. Well done everyone.
 Related activities
- Alphabet Sound Recognition w/ Motions
- Build Fluency /a/
- Initial Sound Accuracy, Same Sound!
- Introduce /a/
- Introduce /s/
- All Phonological Awareness Activities